Tuesday, January 19, 2010

2010 Already... and a few days from my 7th month birthday!


I have a lot to catch you up on.  So let's get the big stuff out of the way: Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!!  Now that that's done... Since I haven't written since October, I'm going to try to fill you in without overwhelming you.  Here goes.

NOVEMBER
Nona came back!  But then I left.  I went to see Mommy's family in Oregon for Thanksgiving.  That was so cool--quite literally, that place is cold.  It finally made sense why people wear clothes, and lots of 'em.  It was also my first time on an airplane.  We had a layover in San Fransisco.  Mommy said, "watch him while I'm gone.  Make sure no one takes him."  And even though I did just what she said and held onto Daddy's hair until she got back (with my newly acquired gripping skills), she seemed a little disappointed by something.


From Teldyn's First Photo Album

In Oregon I met lots of family: Grandma Dee, Uncle Chris, Aunt Sarah, my cousin Payton--she was really nice.  Payton helped Mom take care of me and even brought me her old swing to use while I stayed in Oregon.  It had a lot of lights. I met Uncle John--he had a loud voice, a fuzzy face and was kinda scary.  We eventually went to the ranch where I met Great Grandma and Grandpa Bates, Grandpa Wayne and lots of cousins. I even got to see Payton again.  met Mom's friend Megan and her daughter, Aidan--she's only five months older than me.  I also met Jess, Steve, Daisy and Dugan. Daisy really loves to talk--she makes it seem so easy!


Payton and Me
From Teldyn's First Photo Album

Mom seemed really happy to see her family; Dad was distracted and stressed out about his homework; and I really liked being held by so many new people.  It was a great trip and ended with another plane ride, weeeeeeee!

DECEMBER
Nona bought me cool stuff for Hanukkah: a walker, a high chair, and bumpers for my crib.  The walker was a little tricky at first, especially on the carpet, but I've got the hang of it now!  Watch out toes and doggies, here I come, Vrooooom!

Dad seemed to get more distracted and stressed by his papers... And Aunty Nikki wasn't around as much--working, I guess.

Grandpa Mike came to Hawaii too!  And by the 18th, Dad was all normal and smiley again.  Phew!  Plus, that's the day we went on another plane ride, but this time it was really short and the rest of the family came too.  We went to the Big Island for a long weekend.  It was really cool over there.  Dad and I went on walks every morning, we ate at a fancy restaurant where everyone seemed to like me lots, we went up a mountain where I got to use my winter coat, and the coolest thing was the hot pond.  It was this giant man-made pond, that was only a little salty, and super-warm.  I stayed in there for so long swimming around with the family.  I was a super prune by the time Mom dragged me out of there.


Yummy Mommy Toes
From Teldyn's First Photo Album

Christmas was fun.  I got to play with wrapping paper, and then the whole family went up to the North Shore where we met Connie, Lee, Emalee, John, Meena, and Jasper.  I got to watch a lot of them go surfing.

I went to tea with the ladies in Waikiki and met a girl.  She's only 2 days younger than me.  I'd have asked her for her number, but I don't know how to use a phone... or talk... so that will have to wait.  I also went to see a show called Stomp.  They gave me some great ideas on stuff that I can make a lot of noise with.  As soon as I perfect my grippy, I'm gonna get right to practicing.

JANUARY
New Years was interesting.  Not that I've lived through a whole one yet, but it sure seemed like a big deal to everyone else--lots of big booms and flashes.  Even I could tell that something special was going on.

I like going to stores.  Dad pushes me all over the place, spinning me around and behind his back. A few times we nearly knocked stuff off the shelves.  Ha ha!  Awesome.

At my January check-up, I was super-tall for my age (6 months), and average weight.  Then those doctor jerks pricked me... multiple times.  Not awesome.

The check-up was the same day that Nona and G-Pa Mike said goodbye to me, and weren't back when I woke up in the morning.  I've seen them on the Skype machine, though.  In fact, I saw them today and they watched me crawl!  That's right.  I'm crawling now.  I finally figured out that the key is the knee--cute little mnemonic device, eh?  I'm not as speedy as I am in my walker, but it's easier to get right close to stuff and grab it this way.  I feel like this will come in handy.  Get it, handy?  Ha ha!  

I went to the movies the other day... well, it was actually "Movie Night" at Uncle Lee and Connie's house, but it was on a gigantor TV screen.  I wasn't really into the movie they were watching; I just wanted to talk.  And talk.  And talk.  (FYI, I still consider it to be talking if no one else seems to understand me.)  Lee and Connie's had some nice acoustics for speeches.

Another day, I got to meet some people that Aunty Nikki works with.  They were nice.  Aunty Nikki says that Patti has a crush on me.  I don't know what that means, but it kinda sounds like it hurts.

Well, thanks for catching up with me. I'm looking forward to the year ahead. Things change fast around here, so check in when you can. Laters.


Catch ya on the flip side!
From Teldyn's First Photo Album

1 comment:

  1. haha, great pictures! You were very good at staying awake and watching your Dad while he slept at the airport. Don't worry, one of these days you'll get that phone number :) If you want a tip, the ladies adore a man who can walk... being tall helps too.

    ReplyDelete