Saturday, January 15, 2011

18, nearly 19 months old

Hi everyone.  Sorry it's been so long. Wow, time flies!  Looks like the last update, besides Auntie Nikki's tear-jerker, was about 6 months ago. There's a lot to catch up on. 

I'm still a big healthy boy: 34.5" long (95th percentile and 28lbs 2oz heavy (75th percentile).

I finished swimming lessons not too long after the last entry; August 20th to be exact. Mom wanted to make sure I was as water ready as she hoped I'd be. So, with the instructor's permission, she hovered me just over the water and dropped me in the pool. It was scary, weird, but fun. I popped up feet first, kinda kicking Daddy in the face. Then I thought Daddy was going to pick me up, but then Aisha (the instructor) told him to back away and I went straight to my float. 


Mommy and everyone else clapped and congratulated me, so that was pretty cool. When Nona and Grandpa Mike came in August we went to the neighborhood pool and they watched me swim. Nona was so happy to see me floating and swimming that she started crying. I guess the novelty of me swimming wore off after a while because I haven't been swimming recently. However, I do love running and climbing. 

My climbing skills have improved so much that a few months ago, Mommy took off one of the walls to my crib because I was scaling it on my own. Also because of my climbing, Auntie Nikki bought a bookshelf for my toys and books instead of the play-yard that wasn't containing me anyway. 
Now, I don't have to climb into the play-yard anymore to get my toys. So the nest-like papasan chair is back in the living room.  Peahi really likes it in there. Sometimes I climb in there too. It is so fun when Daddy rotates and tips it around when I'm in it. He says it's like a Tilt-a-Whirl or something. I have no idea what he's talking about, but it sure sounds fun. Do you know that if you pull out the drawer under the oven, you can stand on it and then see over and reach onto the stove. The PUs always seem to flip out as they put me back on the floor when they find me there. I don't get it. 

With Mommy and Daddy's help I recently taught myself how to jump. I like jumping off the couch onto the floor or into Daddy's arms. I also like jumping on beds, especially because when on the bed, even falling on my face is funny.

I like to dance. For a while I was dancing quite a bit at home, but then I dunno... I'm just not as into it anymore.  Anyway, here's a clip of me getting' down.  I really like acoustic guitar.  


I love animals. I have a giant animal book encyclo--something or other. Anyway, it's a big book. Mommy helped teach me a lot of the animals in it. I can recognize and describe pictures of cheetah, hippo, crocodile, frog, fish, gecko, dolphins (eee eee eee), monkey, elephants (berooo), rhino, turtle, emu and many others.

Nona and Grandpa Mike were back here again. Nona showed up before Thanksgiving. She and I watched animals on her computer, and she watched me a lot as Mommy and Daddy were busy with school. 

I went on a whale watch with Mommy, Daddy, and Nona.  It was really fun to be on a boat and see whales up close.  
From Teldyn's Second Album

On Wednesday I took a shower with Daddy. I was pretty stoked by the whole thing since he was able to shower while I kept myself entertained by getting wet and scrubbing the walls with a big brush I found. Then once I was all dressed I walked down the stairs all by myself. I used the wall to support myself, but yeah, me, stairs. Ha ha!

On Wednesday night there was a pretty serious and scary storm. It rained all night and sometimes the night sky lit up and then a big scary noise came. It made me cry. At one point Daddy came in my room because I was crying. While he was there the loud noise came again. I got scared, started crying again and hugged Daddy.  For some weird reason, he started laughing. I think the noise is super scary, but I'm glad that Daddy doesn't.  

And the biggest, but slightly dated news for some is that  it looks like I'm going to be getting a sister around early May.

I guess my New Years resolution is to make sure that Mommy and Daddy are better about these updates.  I hope you had a great holiday season and that I will get to see you all in the coming year.

Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment